Friday, November 16, 2007

Potty Problems

So we flushed over $500 down the toilet today, so to speak, to have 3 TOYS removed from the toilets! Chase seems to enjoy flushing things. We found 2 foam letters in one toilet and a toy screw driver (about 8 inches long) in the other. Can you believe it cost $255 per toilet for the excavation? What am I going to do? I have asked the children to help me watch him in the bathroom. He has also tried to flush other things that didn't go down - a towel, a basketball, a golf ball, a tennis ball, etc! The plumber suggested putting a lock on the bathroom door so he can't go in, but he apparently has never been in my situation with 3 newly trained children who could never wait for me to open the door every time they need to go. I'm fostering independence here. So, I will be more cautious with Chase in the bathroom while allowing the older children their independence! What fun it was to have the toilets removed from the floor and have the house filled with the wonderful bathroom aromas! I could not wait for that guy to leave, and he said he wished he had 3 or 4 more jobs like that today! I guess so when you're making $250 a pop!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Oh..I so can relate...Jacob flushed a toothbrush, a whole ziploc bag of crayons and tried my mom's cell phone and her camera (I replaced the camera). The plumber here also a very happy fellow! My mom not so much!!! She got insurance on her cell this time!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Nathan flushed a pair of pajama bottoms down the toilet about a year ago. I never would have imagined they could have made it.

Amy Lee said...

Oh my goodness! He sounds like a little monkey! Sorry it cost you so much!
So did you take pictures of the plumber fishing stuff from the toilets? That would be a good one for Chase's baby book!

Jessica said...

Guess what you're getting for Christmas?! Daniel said a "snake" is only about $15 and would work at least some of the time! I MISS YOU and the rest of the Hughes!!!!

Jessica said...

I'm not really going to get you one, so you can get one at Lowe's or Home Depot if you want! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.