Monday, December 24, 2007

The Best Gift Ever

As far as I'm concerned, Jesus was the most incredible gift ever given to me. As I was placing Jesus in all the mangers around the house tonight, I continued to ponder this incredible gift! Over the last few months I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with Christ and why I have such incredible faith in Him.

My parents introduced me to God, and His son, as a very young child. I went to church several times a week and loved it! But more than that, I was taught about having a personal relationship with Him, about how much God loves me no matter what I do.

I always thought I had a boring Christian testimony because I do not have a dramatic story of how God saved me from addiction and torment. I didn't really want that type of story. I just didn't think anyone cared about mine after hearing what He had done for someone else. However, I now believe that God really didn't intend for us to have to be brought out of that. He wants us to just trust Him, take Him at His word, and obey Him. I am so grateful that my parents gave me this gift. Of course, I chose it for myself, but it was undeniable for me. He was so real to me that I couldn't do anything but trust Him. And the amazing thing is that He has never let me down!

I'm tempted to discard this post because I really haven't thought it all through yet. These are just the thoughts going through me head right now. Please understand I am not saying that I am exempt from temptation or trouble. It definitely comes my way and I am not always quick to flee, but I think I learn my lesson pretty quickly because of the trust and faith in God that has been built in me!

Okay, I'll stop writing now because I don't know where I'm going now. Just jotting down thoughts...

No comments: