Thursday, January 28, 2010

Run, Jacqueline, Run!

So, I started running last week, and I think I'm addicted! How weird??? Several of my friends just ran the Houston Half Marathon, and I'm feeling our of the loop. On top of that, I need some good, FREE, exercise!

So, I talked my friend Tracy into running with me twice a week. We're going to start next week. So, until then, I thought it would be smart to get a head start since she's already TWO half-marathons ahead of me!!

So, the first day I ran 1.5 miles!! The second day, I ran an extra 2 minutes. A few days ago, I had a harder time breathing and ran a little over a mile, but today I ran over 2 miles!! That's about 6 miles this week!!

I am so proud of myself..but on to the addiction! I want to run more! I actually have a desire to run in the evenings after I've already run the same morning! I haven't been able to give in to the urge yet because of scheduling, but something inside of me is pushing for more!

I don't think I've ever experienced such a desire for exercise! I am thankful for the desire and praying that God will continue to give me the strength and ability to do it along with a continued desire!

Of course, half of the reason I like it is the beautiful place I live! I am so blessed to have such a beautiful neighborhood that was built for enjoying the outdoors!

So, I'm contemplating running the half-marathon with my friends next year!! But in order to get there, I would like to run some smaller races first! What an accomplishment to say I've done it!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow...very impressive! Sounds like you need some warm-up runs...the Heritage Run and the Rose City Run would be perfect! :)

Jessica said...

Alright!! I like to run 5k's. I'm so glad you are enjoying it and have such a beautiful place for it! Way to go! Now, convince RC to give you the Nike thing to put in your shoe. He has two of them. He wouldn't give me one--stingy!