Thursday, March 15, 2007

Time to Myself

My kids went to a playdate today, and I had time to myself! A lady from the church took them, and I was supposed to pick them up, but my wonderful husband offered to pick them up so I could have more time at the house! What a great day! When the kids left, I didn't know what to do! I was so overwhelmed with chores, reading, and the need to do research on strong-willed children, that I couldn't decide where to start. I was actually anxious. I wanted to be sure to maximize my time! So, I did a lot of work with breaks here and there to read Newsweek, my Bible, and mail! It was wonderful! They were gone for 6 hours. I've never been here that long by myself. I feel like I accomplished a lot and was able to enjoy my time. I am realizing how important it is to take people up on their offers to help. In the past, I would just be polite when someone would offer to keep the kids "sometime." But now, I immediately ask them if they really mean it and what they would like to do. It helps me not feel guilty when I actually do call them that I am imposing on their own time or that I am asking them to do more than they offered! My advice -- take all the help you can get!!!! None of us should be sitting alone isolated from the world! God didn't make us that way! We were created for community! Thank you God!

No comments: