Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What's so great about Heaven?

As I was walking out of Thomas' room tonight, he said, "Is heaven on a cloud?" I responded, "I don't really know where it is Thomas. I've never been there." So we started a little conversation about heaven. He wanted to know why you have to stay there once you get to Heaven. I answered, "Well, heaven is so wonderful that you won't want to leave! You get to run as much as you want wherever you want!" His eyes perked up!

So, I began thinking about how we all imagine heaven differently. For me, I always think about the feast I imagine being laid out. I think about eating with Noah and Paul. I'm really looking forward to talking with them. Mary and Martha should be fun to chat with too, but I'm not sure we'll be able to find Martha! She's probably the one cooking all the food! :)

For Thomas, the thought of exploring whatever and whenever you want is Heaven! So, as we continued talking about what Heaven is like, I explained that Heaven has everything we need. His response - "Is there a Wal-Mart there?"

They do have everything you need! I guess we learn the important stuff early, huh?

2 comments:

Amy Lee said...

Is there a Walmart there!!! I love it!
Don't you just love how they think?

When I think of Heaven, I always think of how much I will get to learn while I'm there. Sometimes I imagine it like a classes I will get take - Carpentry with Joseph, Gardening with Adam, Sailing with Noah, Entertaining with Martha, Sewing with Lydia ...

Jessica said...

That is funny! What a precious boy! :) I miss you all.