Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 2

We slept until NINE this morning!! I seriously don't think I have done that since before kids - even on days when the kids have been elsewhere! It was so amazingly wonderful!

After lounging around and getting some work done on the computer, the kids made lunch! Really! They made sandwiches for all three of us and called me in there when they were done! I had a drink, turkey and cheese sandwich, and chips! What a turn around!! Is this my life?

After lunch we went bowling and had a blast! We all got strikes. Mary Frances actually got two and gave us a perfect bow after each one! There were no losers. I was the first winner. Thomas was the second winner, and Mary Frances was the third winner! I love their twists on things!After a game of bowling, we stopped for a drink at Sonic and then took Thomas to get his allergy shot. Then, we went to the public library. The kids were disappointed about missing their library days at school this week. So, they asked it we could visit the public library instead on each of their days. Why not?

I loved watching them choose their books. At school they have learned all about how to choose good books. Mary Frances told me the way she chooses hers is to read it a little to see if she likes it.

Thomas requested a "book buddy" which holds the place on the shelf while you are pulling books out. The librarian didn't have one but did give them strips of paper to use instead.

After that, we went to the grocery store and then off to pick up Honey, Grandaddy, and Chase! We were so excited to see them! The kids were thrilled to be back together. It never ceases to amaze me or make me feel all warm inside at how much they view themselves as a unit.

They all had a hard time being away from each other! In fact, Chase hugged all over the kids, but completely forgot about me even though he called me several times while he was gone and said, "I hope you miss me" in the most pathetic voice you've ever heard!

Well, we're all back together -- except Ray C. who is SICK in Guatemala! We're hoping and praying he feels better tomorrow!

We're off to the rodeo tomorrow!! Yeehaw!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We need rodeo pictures! I hear you found me a cowboy! :) Love you!

Amy Lee said...

It sounds like you guys have had such a wonderful Spring Break! How great to tour your city! We did that a bit last year because our Spring Break fell soon after Elianna was born and we didn't want to go on a trip anywhere. It's lots of fun!