Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mexico Trip

My fabulous husband surprised me on Valentine's Day with a one week trip to Mexico, and we were only 5 minutes from the airport when he told me!
We rented a jeep and toured the tip of the Baja peninsula the whole week.  It was unbelievably gorgeous!

The first day, we went to San Jose del Cabo and stayed at a little place called el Delfin.  We did lots of shopping in the tourist area the next day and then moved on to la Paz, where we stayed in a B&B.

 While in la Paz, we went on a 5 hour boat tour to la Isla de Espiritu Santo which means the Island of the Holy Spirit!  It was gorgeous!  Check out the gorilla face in the mountain!  Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?
 While on the tour, we went to a Sea Lion colony where there were hundreds of Sea Lions.  It was amazing to see them in the wild!  
Ray C. even swam with them!  I was going to, but the air was just too cold for me to get in the water and then have to ride back on the boat in the wind!  Yikes!  Ray C. was so excited to swim with them.  He said they were doing flips right in front of him as he swam. 
 We did lots os shopping and dealing!  I brought back some beautiful pottery, which is my favorite thing to collect.
 Ray C. did some kayaking, and I did too! But, after one wild adventure, I think my kayaking days may be behind me!
 We also saw dolphins on our trip to the island!
 After our visit to the island, we traveled to the west coast of Baja and stayed in el Pescadero for 5 nights.  This is the house we were upgraded to from the casita Ray C. had reserved!  We felt a little guilty having the whole thing to ourselves, but we got over it pretty quickly!  We cooked most of our meals, enjoyed the beach, and soaked in as much relaxation as we could stand!
It was a fabulous trip, and I am so thankful to my husband for wanting to take me away!

No comments: