Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fry Road VBS

The first Vacation Bible School in our new building was GREAT!  We had so many kids and so much fun!  Now, I'll be honest. VBS is not my favorite church event!  It's the one thing I show up to each year out of sheer obligation as a pastor's wife.  It just seems like I should be there, but the number of kids in one space is overwhelming to me!  So, I am always honest with the organizers.  I am willing to work wherever they need me, BUT if they have a spot that does not require following the kids around for 3 hours every day, that would be my preference!  

And they always have a place for me -- great lesson!  Some years I've helped with snacks, and some years I've been the storyteller! This year, I was in charge of overseeing the 5th grade boys count the money the kids were raising for our mission in Haiti!  I really enjoyed that!  

And the kids were pumped about raising money for the mission!  We had a lemonade stand with some of our friends one day!  It was super hot, but they were able to raise money and donate to a good cause - another great lesson/learning experience!

I love our God!

No comments: