Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gotta Look Good for Family

My mom taught me that you should always look presentable - especially when you are seeing someone you haven't seen in a while.  So, as we were walking up to the restaurant to see Ashley and Emmala, I did  little check of the kids.  Chase caught on to what I was doing, and because he is loving his mohawk, he wanted it to look it's best too!  So, just as any boy would do, he spit in his hands, rubbed it together and straightened up his mohawk.

Mary Frances and I were totally grossed out, but knowing the kid, we weren't too surprised.  So, we all got a good laugh and rolled our eyes as we waked up.  Just a minute later, Ashley walks out the door to hug us and walks right up to Chase, rubs his head and says, "Cool haircut, dude!"

The rest of us all looked at each other, mortified, and Mary Frances pipes up, "I wouldn't do that if I were you!"  So, then we explained what happened, all had a good laugh, and encouraged Ashley to wash her hands before eating!

These are the stories we will be telling for years to come - especially at Chase's wedding and when he has kids!! It's the fun of being a parent, right!?!

No comments: