Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Would You Lick the Bathroom Floor?

I had just hung up the cell phone after talking to my mom, last week, when I looked back and saw Thomas chewing on his shoe. Thomas is 4 1/2. He knows not to do that. So, I said, "Thomas, take that out of your mouth. That is disgusting! Didn't you just go to the potty at the store back there?" He replied, "Yes!" So to that I said, "Would you lick that nasty bathroom floor?" Of course he wouldn't (while I was watching, anyway)! "Chewing on your shoe after walking on the bathroom floor is the same as licking the floor! Doesn't that sound gross? As I was saying that, I looked at my cell phone and realized I had accidentally called someone during the conversation and they were listening. I was mortified to say "hello" and discover who I'd called. I said, "Helloooo?" My mom said, "You tell that boy he better not be licking any bathroom floors!!" Whew!!! I was so glad it was my mom! She had heard the entire conversation and was dying laughing! It was just another ordinary conversation in my world, but I'm glad my mom got to be a part of it!

No comments: