Monday, February 04, 2008

Cascada...

Cascada...one of my favorite Spanish words. It sounds so pretty! It means "waterfall," and it reminds me of a beautiful waterfall in Guatemala outside of Panajachel! However, this morning, when I heard Mary Frances running down the stairs saying, "Chase is making a waterfall," I didn't have such good thoughts! I could only imagine what was happening in the bathroom upstairs with the door closed and the water running (which I could hear from downstairs)!!

I opened the door to discover a real waterfall "cascading" from the sink, down the cabinets, and ALL over the floor! After a quick scream, I began mopping up the water with the partially dry towels under the sink - knowing it was probably leaking into the laundry room! It was indeed pouring from the vent downstairs into the laundry room. Thankfully, Ray C. was still home and began the clean up downstairs. After further investigation, I discovered that the drawers were even full of water, and everything under the sink was drenched! We cleaned up and still made it to school on time. Chase was disciplined appropriately! I hope that is the last time we have a waterfall inside our house!

Oh, I bet you're wondering what Chase was doing - as if he needs an excuse other than being 2!! Well, he was bathing the Barbie Dolls! They are now nice and clean!

3 comments:

Amy Lee said...

Oh Jacqueline! What a mess! Lately, our rule has been that Kaylin and Annlee are not allowed in the bathroom at the same time and at times they have even lost the priviledge to close the door. They have certainly had their share of bathroom, um, mishaps in the past!

Kris said...

OMGoodness....well....Jake used to sit in the sink at "2" and run the water while staring at himself in the mirror. Have no idea what he was thinking but soon bought locks for the doors upstairs b/c one time he hit the hot faucet!

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't want me buying him any toy boats?!?!?!?