Thursday, February 21, 2008

God Can Help Me

On our long ride the other day, Mary Frances told me that God can help her go up the hills. You know, it's hard to get going up hills, especially when you're first learning to ride! So, I affirmed her. God will absolutely help you because "we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength."

So, when we arrived at the next hill, she stopped. I turned around to tell her that she should not stop before she gets to the hill because you need to get going fast, but when I looked at her, she had her head bowed and her hands together (angel hands) praying! Then, she took off. I started my encouragement, "Yay, Mary Frances! You can do it!" But she interrupted me saying, "No, mommy. God is helping me!" Well excuse me, but I was thrilled that she had such great faith! And he did help her up every hill. She stopped to pray 3 times that I saw! However, one time she had a little hard time getting started. At that point, I reminded her that God always answers our prayers, but sometimes he waits for us to get it started!

It has been a great picture for me this week to remember how important it is for me to not just sit back and wait for God to answer my prayers but to be active in taking that first step forward when I need to!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

This is the result of two faithful parents. You're the best.

Anonymous said...

I read through the whole blog, especially the last one where you are venting about MF. All I can say is I am praying that God will bolster you up 24/7...I can't imagine. Mine has been wearing me out and it is very hurtful and hard. But, thank God He is faithful to work on their hearts when we are faithful to train and discipline! Love ya..Lauren

Jessica said...

I posted. It's a little harsh, but when you're on a date you're on the line, right?