Friday, December 12, 2008

Dresses

Mary Frances LOVES dresses! Apparently, it is very important to her to look nice when she goes places. I'm sure I have encouraged that by making sure her bow is in place and that she does look nice, but she is branching out a little!! Now, she is on me and what I'm wearing.

After our tea party last week, she told my mom that I looked kind of pretty but not REALLY pretty because I was wearing pants and not a dress. I do wear pants a lot, but I always look nice and appropriate, but apparently Mary Frances thinks I should also be wearing dresses.

So, last night she came in my closet as I was getting ready and said, "Where are you going mommy?"

I told her I was going to the church for a rehearsal. I was wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, and a hat - something she would NEVER wear!

So she said,"I suppose you should wear a dress." Where did she get "suppose" from? Anyway, I informed her that it was only a rehearsal and that I was wearing my jeans and hat. Then she said, "Well you could at least wear a skirt to church!"

So, I disappointed her last night, but I let her help me pick out my clothes this morning. She wanted a dress for me, but it wasn't right for the occasion. She said, "Well can I have that dress when I get older?"

I then changed into a skirt with tights and boots. She loved the outfit - especially the boots. She checked with me to be sure I wasn't changing again and wanted to be sure I was keeping the boots and earrings on!!

What a character! What have I created?? Jessica says she is definitely related to her - the fashion queen!

No comments: