Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 3...

Today is Chase's kind of day...a day when everyone wears GREEN! When I told him yesterday that everyone would be wearing green today, his jaw dropped. He was so excited!

Sugar is doing fine. We keep checking her for bleeding and keep popping he Vitamin K pills. I really think she is wishing she was a farm dog. She gets to run free all day long. What a blast!

I woke up this morning to Chase saying in my ear, “Rise and Shine. It's morning!” When I looked outside I saw the perfect conditions to see deer. So, Ray C. agreed to watch the kids so I could go out for a few minutes, but I didn't get very far. I tried to quietly walk across the rock driveway, but as soon as I took 2 steps, a deer started blowing at me. I hunched down under the blanket that was wrapped around me and waited, but before I could see them, Chase opened the door and Sugar took off running after 2 big deer! I did see them, but not until Sugar chased them away! Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

Today, we visited the public library for a special St. Patrick's Day craft, and then Ray C. did a little story time with the kids. We also heard a bagpipe player outside of the library. We ALL enjoyed listening to him play Amazing Grace since it is a family favorite – a very common bedtime request, actually!



After the library, we went over to a popular sandwich shop recommended by friends – Alvin Ord's. We bought some delicious sandwiches and took them over to the park where we ate, played, walked, and even stuck our feet in the gorgeous spring water. The only down side was when I lost my phone at the dock! Oh well, it isn't the end of the world!






After our park adventure, we came home, and I took a 2 hour nap!!! That might have been the highlight of my trip! I love being out here, but I am exhausted!!

The kids played, I got dinner together, Ray C. prepped the grill. We ate hamburgers and smores. We played with Sugar, and then Ray C. took the kids on the 4-wheeler. It was a great day in the country!

By the way, the country boy has returned! Ray C. gets teased a lot for being a city boy, but he really belongs out in the country. He grew up with trucks, guns, and duck boots. So, when he gets back to it, it fits him. He loves the city, but he comes alive out here.



2 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds like a great spring break!! I didn't know Alvin Ord's was a national chain...we have one here in Beaufort that everyone LOVES!!

Kris said...

My mouth is watering I could eat one right now! I miss college! Loved seeing picks of the river! Oh, those were the days!!