Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 4...

Wednesday we went to Blanco State Park, just outside of Austin, to attend a class about Animal Tracks. It was given by one of the park rangers and actually set up for home schoolers, but anyone was able to come along. There was only one other family there. So, the kids got lots of attention. They made animals prints out of plaster and went on a hike looking for real animal prints. The most interesting to me was the Ringtail Cat which I had never heard of. We saw several of its prints near the river.



After that we came back to the house. I cleaned up while Ray C. and the kids rode the four-wheeler all afternoon, and then I took another nap!! We made spaghetti and, of course, had s'mores AGAIN!

It has been a fun vacation. I feel bad taking the kids and Sugar back home to be confined in our little yard and to only be able to go outside while supervised! It has been so much fun for them to roam free, go on adventures and “safaris”, and play in the dirt. They have been so dirty every night that it makes me happy to see the boys being boys! Mary Frances has enjoyed the adventures as well, but the boys have been in HEAVEN this week.


I am so grateful to my husband for planning out this vacation and allowing us to have so much fun!

No comments: