Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend in New Orleans

Ray C. and I spent the weekend in New Orleans WITHOUT kids! We had a really good time We were there to celebrate the wedding of Brandon and Gabby (our youth pastor and intern)! What a fun weekend. Here are random pictures of our weekend!
On Sunday, we had brunch at The Court of Two Sisters! It was delicious! Can you tell?

We were able to spend some time with our worship leader and his wife (Josh and Bethany). We walked Bourbon Street with them after the rehearsal dinner on Friday night. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, but I'm sure that was because we were back at the hotel by 10:00. When we came back from the wedding on Saturday night at midnight, it was much more lively!

Josh and Bethany had a good time dancing once she finally drug him out to the floor!

Brandon and Gabby were so sweet! They are a precious couple, and we are really looking forward to hanging out with them more and watching them as they begin their ministry together! (And, yes she did smash the cake in his face!!)
Brandon had a letter delivered to Gabby every few hours all day on Saturday! It was so sweet, and she was so excited every time she received one. The picture below is of her reading the final one just about 30 minutes before the wedding!

While walking Bourbon St. on Friday, we decided to enjoy a true Jazz club instead of all the other craziness going on! We really wanted the New Orleans feel, and this band delivered! They were great!
I was so excited we talked Josh and Bethany into leaving their baby, Bella, with grandparents for the weekend! Aren't they so cute?
This is Brandon and Gabby with her granddad! I must say that he and his twin brother are GREAT dancers. They danced more than anyone else at the reception, and I got to dance with her great-uncle. It was so much fun! I wish I had a picture! I just can't get Ray C. to dance with me. I think he wants to. He just doesn't know what to do!

No comments: