Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten...Again


UPDATE: Everyone made it home safely on the bus and had an AWESOME day! Thomas has a kid in his class that lives 4 doors down from us that we haven't met before! That's exciting! Chase was surprised that he saw LOTS of his baseball and football friends throughout the day, and Mary Frances just loved the whole thing! Looks like it will be another great year!



I just took my BABY to kindergarten! I didn't think I would be emotional, but I couldn't help myself after he cried on the way because his best friend doesn't go the same school!

Sigh....we took Chase in first, and he went straight to his seat. He agreed to a picture with me but wasn't overly excited about anything. He happily sat down and did his thing. So, we left!



Next, we went right across the hall to Thomas who was already sitting in his seat and wanted NOTHING to do with us! When I asked him if he was okay, he said," just go, please!" He wouldn't even take a picture with me...we were actually embarrassing him!

So, off to Mary Frances' class! She gladly took pictures and talked to me. Thank goodness for my one girl to help me feel better.

I didn't think I would make it outside without bursting into tears, and to top it off, everyone kept saying the usual, "Hey! How are you?" Thankfully, Ray C. was there to answer. I just gave a polite smile and kept walking with the door in mind!

Now, I'm at home all alone, missing all my babies! It was a great summer with lots of fun packed in! I am really excited about the school year and especially the routine, but right now I just can't believe ALL three of my children are in elementary school!

Sigh...

3 comments:

Tracy Fritzsching said...

you are no longer the mommy of three preschoolers. :) hope they all have a great first day!

Jessica said...

Oh Tracy! That is sad, but true. I hope Mommy is having a great first week of school. "You da best Mommy!" Chase once said. :) I love you!

Jacqueline said...

Y'all are just making me sad! It was a great week, though!