Saturday, April 12, 2008

Call me Sentimental...

Today, Thomas lost his first tooth, and I really mean his first tooth! I remember the day it came in - 5 years and 20 days ago, exactly! (I did have help from the baby book on the date!) Of course, with your first child, all of the firsts are super exciting. So, we had been anxiously waiting for the first tooth to arrive after all that drooling and "teething". Ray C. had a study group over in Seminary, and I was putting Thomas to bed when I felt the tooth in his mouth! I remember running into the living room and announcing it to all the guys. Normally, a group of guys wouldn't care much, but this group of guys all had babies too. So, we all rejoiced in this first together!

So, today, we pulled it out, and I want to cry! I can't believe my little baby all bundled up in his warm blue onesie has grown into this 5 year old kid! I am so thankful that he has, but I just can't believe the time has passed so quickly!

The tooth has been wiggly for weeks, but it has been sitting crooked in his mouth for the last day or 2. So, he decided he would try eating an apple to get it out. It didn't take long for the apple to get a little bloody, but it still needed a little "push" from mommy and daddy!

Chase and Mary Frances thought it was pretty funny when they saw the missing tooth for the first time! I loved how Chase just pointed at Thomas' mouth!!
Thomas was so excited about losing it! He can't wait to show his friends at church tomorrow! I believe I saw the tooth fairy in his room earlier. I'm looking forward to seeing what he got, but I'll have to wait until he wakes up in the morning! He was so excited when he went to sleep with the tooth underneath his pillow. He said he would look underneath as soon as he wakes up! I can't wait!!

I am excited for him. It is another milestone we get to rejoice in together, but it still makes me sad to see him growing up so quickly!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, Jacqueline! It is really hard to believe you have a child old enough to lose a tooth! I can't wait to hear what the Tooth Fairy brought. The pictures are great. I love you!

Jessica said...

P.S. The other website looks good!!

Amy Lee said...

Yay for Thomas! I can totally relate to the tooth excitement over here too! Kaylin lost her third tooth the same day as Thomas! It's one of the top ones and she loves going around showing it off!

Kris said...

How exciting! Tate will be so jealous. She has been telling me for about 6 months her tooth was loose (it has not so much as wiggled poor thing). But, I am not about to ruin that dream so I just keep smiling and shaking my head at her. She is six and about the only one in her class who has not lost one!
~Let us know what the tooth fairy brings!