Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Day-After Mother's Day

I'm glad I got a nice long day of enjoying the recognition for putting up with all the crap I do because when I woke up the crap almost hit the fan! Well, if there had been a fan near the stairs it would have hit it!

Yes, I'm serious! We were doing good, going to be on time, and ready to walk out the door in a matter of 5 minutes until I heard, "Mommy, Chase got poopy all over me!" Your eyes really don't know what to expect to see when you hear such a thing. So, with much anticipation, I turned the corner to see Mary Frances all dolled up in her pretty little purple dress and costume jewelry complete with a Princess crown AND poop smeared on her cheek, arm, dress, legs, socks, shoe, and even in her hair!

When I asked what happened, she replied, "Chase took off his underwear and threw them at me." Fortunately (and stupidly) for me, Chase does not usually wear underwear, but he has been pee-peeing in the potty a lot. So, I let him wear the underwear this morning, and I was about to put his diaper on for school!

When I walked up stairs to get a diaper, I noticed it all over the stairs, too! Imagine my joy!! So, we basically started all over. Mary Frances had a bath and got another outfit on. I cleaned the carpet the best I could. I dressed the boys, and we were only about 15 minutes late!

I felt like I smelled like crap all day, but hey, that's the life of a mom, right!?!

2 comments:

Kris said...

What a day! That one earns you a day at the spa for sure. Even just to get the crap smell off you!! Happy Mommy's Day!

Barbara Bobo said...

You know what they say when things like this happen don't you? That you are paying for your raising. I think what you just described is a bigtime payback. I love reading about your adventures and I do mean adventures and seeing the pics of your beautiful children. Hope to see you the next time your visit your Mom and Dad. Love, Mrs. Bobo