Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Old Videos

I got out the video camera yesterday. So, the kids and I decided to watch some video from when they were babies. I completely fell apart when Mary Frances came on the screen. She was not even two years old. Every time she came on and started talking, tears streamed down my face - just like they are now. It was a combination of 2 things:
1. She was so adorable. I could just eat her up.
2. I don't remember anything about her then! This absolutely breaks my heart! :( I remembered things about the boys. Nothing really surprised me when I was watching them, but I felt like I was watching someone else's adorable child, not my own.

I seriously don't remember anything about this stage in her life. I had a potty training three year old and a brand new baby. So much for protecting the middle child, huh!?!

I am really upset about it and determined to spend as much time with them as I can. I am so blessed to have these children in my life. I cannot let this time slip away from me. I do not want to watch another video and feel the way I did yesterday. What a horrible feeling!

The main reason I am keeping this blog is to record all of these things. I am so thankful to be able to look back and read and remember all the cute and insane things they have done in the past year and a half!

Here's to many more memories...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That picture is adorable. If it makes you feel any better, I don't remember what was going on when I was two. Have no idea where you were or Mama or Daddy...

:) It's okay. Watch more videos...you'll remember things. You're the best Mommy! Keep doing things the way you are. I love you!