Monday, July 13, 2009

SHUT the door..

We haven't seen rain in MONTHS, and it is so HOT here that our houses can't even cool off! Everyone's closing their blinds and curtains, keeping the lights off and avoiding the oven just trying to cool down as much as possible! It is so hot, the pool isn't even refreshing! Seriously, the heat index was 110 one day last week!

I seriously don't know how people live without AC!

Of course, it doesn't bother the kids. They still want to be outside, and they do not understand how important shutting the door is! Neither did I when I was their age! I think we all remember our parents yelling at us as we walked out the door to SHUT THE DOOR, right? I never understood the importance, but right now, it is as important as eating fruit and drinking water! And every time they walk out the door I have to say it again! At what point does it sink in?

It doesn't help matters that we have a little escape artist dog that jets when the door opens. That just means that I have to get all hot and sweaty chasing him down the street only to return to a warmer house because the door has been open the entire time I've been out! AAGGHH!!!!!

Lord, please send us some relief from the heat!

I figured out why the heat bothers us so much and not the kids! Whenever we get hot, we think about how long it is going to take us to get ready and smell good for whatever we are about to do! The kids DO NOT CARE!

My kids are happy to go to Kroger (or church for that matter) with dirt on their face, hair sticking every which way, and sweat running down their faces. Chase would also be wearing his flip flops on the wrong feet and one baseball glove on his right hand! See, they don't care. It's all about fun to them!

But for me, there is no fun in the heat! I do not enjoy smelling like I've been sweating all day when the only thing I did outside was walk from my house to my car! Oh well, the heat will go away, and the fall will return! Oh how I love FALL!!

By the way, the one glove thing is not a tribute to MJ as several people have asked. He just likes wearing the thing.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha. Do you mean a batting glove? That IS FUN-NY!!! Gosh, he's adorable. I like the new pictures you have on the side of the blog--and yes, I know they've been there a little while now.
I am so flippin' excited about next week! Dinner plans: Jessica's Pasketti, Mama's Cubed Steak with okra and corn, Jacqueline's Chicken Dish (Suzanne or Divine), The Blue Parrot, SGIUMC Family. Yeah! Isn't that awesome!? I can't tell you how excited I am about Papa G coming too. This is going to be awesome! We're bringing bikes and tennis rackets...maybe a few fishing poles.

Jacqueline said...

Yes, it is a batting glove he found at the YMCA. We are really excited about vacation, too! The kids are most excited about the pool. They said that while the adults are taking our quiet time (because I truly am the one who needs it), they can just swim in the pool! hmmm... I'm thinking I might not get much rest at quiet time with that on my mind!