Saturday, August 08, 2009

Homeless People

Mary Frances truly has a heart for homeless people. Every time we pass someone on the road, we have a very interesting discussion about how we can help. So, since I get all this free stuff and my drawers and cabinets are now over-stuffed, we decided to fill gallon baggies with some essential items that a homeless person might need and enjoy.

I did one as an example and set up an assembly line for the kids to fill the others. So, as we were doing this and discussing why this would be good, everyone suggested a few other ideas of how we could help:

*we could take them to a hotel
*we could buy them a house
*we could buy them some food....

After a lot of discussion as to why some of those would be difficult, Thomas had the best idea...
"Why don't we just give them a ride to the bank?"

Of course, his thought process was that if we could just get them to the bank, they could get all the money they need! Again, I love the way they think! I remember a similar discussion I had with my mom when I was in elementary school about "all those people in Ethiopia..."

No comments: