Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meet the Teacher


We got to meet Thomas and Mary Frances' teachers yesterday! We are all excited about school starting on Monday! I am really excited about their teachers. I think it is going to be a GREAT year. I'm planning to volunteer in each of their classrooms for an hour a week just to be up there and part of everything going on...and to help their teachers!

While we were in Thomas' classroom talking to the other kids and filling out the never-ending paperwork, I looked over just in time to see Thomas throw a little foam ball and hit one of the little girls in his class. It didn't hurt her. So, she didn't even say anything, but after it hit her, it bounced out the door and hit someone else I couldn't see. When I walked out the door to get the ball and get on to Thomas, I realized that he had hit the PRINCIPAL with the ball!! Come on people...Does this happen to anyone else? And while I'm on the subject, why am I the only person who knows what a "Think Sheet" is? Is my child the only one who gets in trouble sometimes?

Anyway, as soon as I realized it had hit Mr. Maness, I turned to Thomas and jokingly hit Thomas and said, Thomas, you hit the principal! Eww...you are in trouble!" Of course, school hasn't started yet, so he just thought it was funny, especially when he realized it was Thomas! So, I said, "Hi, Mr. Maness. I'm Jacqueline. I know you remember Thomas." He just laughed. I think he gets Thomas!

So, after that I said, "Mr. Maness, do you remember kindergarten sign-ups last year? You know when the kid pulled the fire alarm? He said "no", but the teacher standing next to him said, "I remember". I went on to inform him that is was Thomas, and as expected he did get a kick out of the situation. I just thought he would find it humorous now that he knows him!

Anyway...here's to school starting! Chase and I are planning a trip to the zoo next week while everyone else is in school!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mary Frances has a beautiful teacher! :) I am so excited for them. I know Mary Frances will be an excellent student, just like her Mommy. I love you all.