Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful on Monday

I think I'll make a week out of Thanksgiving! Chase is home for the week from school. So, we were playing Old Maid earlier, and I realized someone I am really thankful for!


This picture shows how much easier playing cards is when we use my mother-in-law's idea! We cut slits into the bottom of egg cartons to hold the cards so the kids don't have to fumble with them! It makes cards much more fun with and for the kids!

So, today (and countless other days) I am thankful for my mother-in-law! She was such an inspiration to me. She was a fantastic cook. She was a great kindergarten teacher who loved seeing her students all grown up when we were out shopping! She was very creative - always able to figure out how to make things work for us! One thing I loved about her was her willingness to do ANYTHING and to do it right now! If someone needed a seam or hole patched, she got up and did it right away!

She had a lovely attitude and a funny sense of humor. I really miss her corny jokes and her New Jersey accent when she said them!

But what I miss most about her is how much she would have loved my children exactly the way they are - crazy and full of endless energy.

I am thankful for the values she and my father-in-law instilled in my husband. I am thankful that she cared so much about her children. I feel like she is a big part of who they are even without them getting to know her!

One thing I will never forget is how she used to always tell me, "I never cared if my house was clean! I just played with the kids! I knew I could clean it later!"

Thank you, Mom, for inspiring me to be a better mom! We miss you SO MUCH!!!

No comments: