Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful on Tuesday...

Today I am thankful that my children love each other so much. They seem to consider themselves as one unit. If one goes to the doctor and gets a sticker, they ask for two more and actually save them for later. If one gets a lollipop at the bank, they ask for two more for the others. This happens ALL the time! It is very rare for them to not consider the others.

One of my favorite memories, that I have blogged about before, is when Mary Frances went to stay with my parents for a week while she was two. Wherever we went that week, Thomas would tell everyone, "There are three kids in our family. Mary Frances is visiting our Honey and Grandaddy." It seemed like he did not want anyone to forget her!

Today, I took Chase with me to the grocery store. As we were checking out, Chase ran over to some pink roses and said he wanted to buy them for Mary Frances. It melted my heart that he thought of her when he saw the pink flowers. We decided on some purplish flowers that were a little less expensive, and he held on to them all afternoon until it was time to pick the kids up from the bus stop! He took the flowers with him, and gave them to her when she got off! He was so excited to tell me that she said they were beautiful!

Not only do they think of each other when they are apart, but they thank each other for doing so! Mary Frances will often say, "You are the best brothers in the whole world!" They certainly have sibling arguments, but I love how closely they are bonded together!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This is precious. Thank you for sharing!