Friday, December 25, 2009

Mamaw's Cookie House


My dad's mom started a Christmas Tradition in 1963 when she made Family Circle Magazine's Cookie House. She continued to make it every year before Christmas and the family broke it on New Year's Day. So, just after Ray C. and I were married, I asked her for her recipe. She was so kind to mail me her written recipe with all kinds of cute side notes! We have enjoyed making it our own tradition!
Grandaddy constructs the cookie house with Fluffy Frosting!
Chase adds the coconut "snow".
All who contributed...
Check out what we did!
Can't forget the skittles Christmas lights.

2 comments:

Connie said...

What fun!! We have the recipe as well and will start the tradition w/Emily Rhyse!! Merry Christmas!!

Jessica said...

Jacqueline, it looked great! I'm so glad you are continuing this tradition! Can't wait to see Connie's, too!