Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Do I HAVE to take a shower?

I've always heard how dirty boys are and how difficult it can be to get them to shower.  You would think I was torturing them every night just by saying, "Go take a shower!".  

The dermatologist recommended a cream for some sun spots on Thomas' face the other day, but after realizing they will go away on their own anyway, I refused the cream.  I explained to him that it was hard enough to get him in the shower.  And, if I'm lucky enough to get him in the shower, I have a hard time getting him to actually use the soap!  A cream needing to be used daily was not about to happen!

There are MANY nights that I have to send Thomas back to the shower to actually use soap. A sniff test is not an abnormal thing in our house!  (And, I might add, it isn't only a boy problem!)

We gave some women a good laugh yesterday in Target when we were passing the shampoo aisle.  I asked the kids if everyone had shampoo.  Mary Frances replied, "yes" (only to not wash her hair in the shower last night because she didn't have any shampoo)!??!  The boys said, "We don't use shampoo!" which brought a smile to everyone standing around us as I rolled my eyes and smiled with them!  What can I do other than stand there with them?  Oh well..."this too shall pass!"

No comments: