Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Overwhelmed

I've tried to start this post several times, but I can't figure out what to say. I really don't want to complain, but I am overwhelmed.

All three kids have been sick and are feeling much better today after each going to the doctor on a different day! They've all missed school which is a bummer for me and for them!

Chase needs to take a family picture to school tomorrow, and I don't know when the last time we took one was, but I'm sure he looks much different!

Mary Frances is testing her teachers' nerves. She told us last night, on her own, that she was disobeying at school because she thought her teachers would let her. I think she has noticed that it must not be okay since she got sent to the OFFICE last week! She is only 3, and she's already been to the office! This is truly my main stress! I have got to talk to her teacher again. This kid is smart. She knows exactly what buttons to push if she is allowed! That strong-will is rearing its ugly ahead again, and I am not liking it!!!

My kids are being labeled "preacher's kids" and I'm not too happy about that either! Obviously, they are preacher's kids. However, that isn't used as a name tag so much as a stereotype. Sometimes they are called that because they know all the right answers at Sunday school and I have a feeling, the bad things get them labeled as a typical "PK" as well - the wild ones! You know, "ALL PK'S are BAD!!" The thing about them answering all the questions right gets me because it doesn't really have anything to do with them being a PK. I'm the one who has spent most of the time with them teaching them. Most of those answers they get from me! Ray C. certainly teaches them a lot, but, as the stay-at-home-mom, I spend the majority of time with them! But PK's are not the only ones who are strong leaders and know about God! It doesn't really bother me when people jokingly call them PK's for the "good" things they do, but I just really don't like the label for any reason!

Chase is 2! Need I say more here??

I haven't cleaned my bathrooms is 2 weeks and there are orangey rings around the toilets! What is that, by the way?

My piano is calling me, and I work instead!

I can't figure out how to balance my time in all the busy-ness! I love Houston, but sometimes I miss island time and the option of taking a walk on the noisy beach with waves crashing at my feet just to catch my breath, to cry, or to sing to God!

I'll get it together! I think the kids will all go back to school tomorrow, and I might get a fresh breath! Maybe I'll take a walk on the nature trail here and discover God in the quiet wind and trees!

3 comments:

happycamper said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to see pictures of You, Ray C and the Kids. I know when Jordan was little and I was still working, and the house still needed to be cleaned, and the older kids had ball games, or had to go to their mothers for the weekend, etc, etc, etc, It seemed like I would go crazy and there was never enough of me to go around. Take a deep breath, Pray, and don't worry about things like the toilets (they'll still be there later) Your babies' health and your sanity are priority. One child overwhelmed me, I just dont' know how you do it with three! Love
Ya.....Oh, by the way, this is your cousin Lori :)

Jacqueline said...

Thanks, Lori! I love encouragement from someone who has been here before! It's good to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been so overwhelmed! Tell me what I can do!