Saturday, November 01, 2008

Cooking Pumpkins

I started a tradition a few years ago that I am loving - and apparently Mary Frances is too! As soon as the pumpkins came out this year she started asking when we were going to make pumpkin pie again! I've made Pumpkin Pie every year, but three years ago I started cooking the pumpkins myself and making pies and even Pumpkin Bisque - yum........! I really look forward to it!

So, Friday, we cut open the little pumpkins and cooked away!! The bisque is fantastic and the pumpkin pie is too! So, I thought you all might like to have a new recipe for the season! Now, the pumpkin pie is the recipe right off the Libby's Pumpkin Can - except I substituted 15 oz. of freshly cooked pumpkin instead of the 15 oz. canned!

But, before I give you the recipe, I thought some of you might need to know how exactly you cook a pumpkin. So the next few posts will be your directions! Let me know if you try it and how it comes out!

No comments: