Monday, November 03, 2008

Pumpkin Bisque Recipe

This recipe is one I got from my mother-in-law. She made a delicious Squash Bisque for us, and then I realized I could use pumpkin instead and have loved it even more! I love to make a bunch and freeze it in small portions for later!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium potatoes, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
4 cups pumpkin
1 quart chicken broth
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup half and half (milk is fine)

Melt butter, saute onions. Add onion, potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, and salt. Cook until tender, then puree in blender. Add freshly cooked pumpkin or canned pumpkin. Return puree to pot, add cream and seasonings as desired. Sprinkle each bowl with cayenne pepper, if desired. (This step is to much for me. I just skip the pepper.) This make enough for 6-8 people depending on serving sizes!

Remember to let me know if you try it. I want to know how it turns out!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Want to make some together??