Sunday, November 23, 2008

Quiet Time


I was so busy when I came back from Georgia that I didn't take the time to mention how it went! I had a BLAST!! I read Bridal Magazines all weekend and really enjoyed spending some much needed time on my business.

I got to send some quality time with my sister, my mom, and my dad. It was so nice to have uninterrupted conversations and to have a break from changing diapers, sheets, and clothes!!

On Saturday, I got to go hunting with my dad. I always tell people that my dad didn't have any boys, so I got to go hunting by default! :) Hunting has always been our special time together. I love getting up early and to be sitting in a tree before you can even see daylight! I love being able to hear every little thing moving around me.

It was so amazing to me to be back in the woods. I always feel so privileged to see deer in the wild. We are accustomed to seeing birds and squirrels around, but I feel really blessed to be part of the deer's world. Hunting isn't about the killing for my dad or me. It's about the thrill of nature and being so close to God.

The whole weekend was refreshing to me. I realized how much I need that time away to focus on who I am and what direction my life is going. I've determined that I am a child of the King. I am a wife and a mother, and I am a wedding planner, and right now, that's all I can be! I want to be good at all of those things, but if I keep adding in little things here and there, I lose focus of where I am headed.

So, I've been saying "no" A LOT lately. It is hard for me to turn people down, but I have been much happier. My house is cleaner, FINALLY!! And, my children are getting more time with me!

This week, I am thankful for time away to clear my head and to get me back on the path God has laid out for me!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hate to "add" to your list, but you have no option than to also include yourself as daughter and sister. My world would not be so great without you in it. I love you tons!