Monday, October 08, 2007

Coming to a Theater Near You..

I know I used this title a month or so ago, but this time it is without the "maybe."


We are so excited to be having our first "preview" service in the theater in just 3 weeks! I cannot believe this is coming so fast, now. It has been on our hearts for so long, and it is finally coming! We have had 2 launch team meetings with 21 and 30 adults, respectively, and it has been so emotional for me to see people catch this vision and get excited about this new thing we are doing!


We had lunch together yesterday after the team went to the theater to watch another church set up, have their services, and then tear down! I was a little nervous at how people would respond after seeing the amount of work involved, but they were so excited. We discussed the things each person noticed that they liked or that we could improve.


We have so much work ahead of us, but I am grateful that we are doing this at Foundry with the incredible amount of support we have. We have resources available to make things happen and to do them well!


And we have KIDS!! We talked a lot about the children's ministry, and how we will make things secure and inviting for them and their parents! There were 11 kids at the meeting (and 5 more in the nursery at the church).



I could go on and on, but I'll end with God is Good! I am so humbled that He would choose me to be a part of the leadership in this new campus and grateful for the opportunity to show my love for Him in this way.

No comments: