Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fry Road Preview Service


GOD IS AMAZING!! What an incredible morning! I was practicing my music for worship this morning on my way to church. By the time I pulled into the parking lot, I was crying huge tears of joy as I was singing the redone hymn "How Marvelous." You may think it strange that I was driving around before sunrise with a hymn blasting in my car, but it was an awesome way to prepare for what God had in the works.

I pulled in to the theater parking lot and was overwhelmed by the amount of cars already there - the people who were already hard at work preparing for the service!
(This is the cafe area with coffee and donuts!)
Ray C. and I were walking down the hall a little later, and he said, "There is no way we should be able to do this our first Sunday!" It was out of total amazement that he said it because we were watching it unfold before our very eyes.


We had volunteers everywhere. I am still meeting new people who are volunteering!








The party rooms were turned into nursery rooms and then FULL of children.


The theaters were turned into worship rooms for the preschoolers, elementary, and adults.

The preschoolers had clowns in the worship service.

The elementary kids had a magician.

And the adults had an awesome band that I was thrilled to sing with (including my sister)! We had a great preacher (even if I do say so myself), and awesome people everywhere making things happen.


We had so many people in the worship service that we had to ask everyone to move toward the center because people were standing trying to get in!! I think the total count of kids, volunteers , and the rest of the adults was around 320! And we barely advertised for this service!

It was great to have practice because we realized a few things we could do differently, and we know people are a little more forgiving. I can't wait to see our launch service! But after an exhausting weekend, we're glad we have until December 2nd to do it all again!

2 comments:

Kris said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!! I was in such prayer for you all! Michael and I after much prayer are being led by God to stay at "base camp" for now! We feel we are needed there but have been so praying for all of you on this. God is so amazing and he can do such AMAZING things!! YES a business lunch need sto happen and SOON!!!!! I will e-mail this week!

Amy Lee said...

What amazing things God is doing there! I can't wait to see more! God is good!