Thursday, September 16, 2010

Homework

So school is in full swing. Thomas is anxious to get his homework done each day and move on to better things. Mary Frances is so excited she has homework, and Chase can't wait to get to kindergarten to get homework!

Thomas is doing GREAT reading and continues to do well in math. This year, he also has social studies homework and QUIZZES!! Silly as it may sound, I can't believe he's old enough for quizzes. We actually have to study spelling and social studies! I'm nervous when I know he has a quiz coming up, but he's making all A's so far - his first year with true grades!!

Mary Frances just had her first night of math homework. Of course it took all of 2 minutes, but she was so excited! She also brought home her first reading book of the year. We had such a hard time reading last year that I was DREADING the book, but she did GREAT!! I couldn't believe how much she had improved!

My kids are growing up! I know that's the whole point of what I'm doing. So, why am I so surprised?

Thank you, God, for growing children. Thank you for the opportunity to mold these precious little people into someone you can use for your kingdom!

No comments: