Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Living my Dream

I've caught myself complaining a lot lately about carting kids around and doing daily chores, but I've started to remind myself that I am actually living my dream!

I have three precious children, a husband who adores me (faults and all), and I have the opportunity to be at home and take care of them (for now)! I really do enjoy cleaning the house, cooking, and making sure things are in order for the next item on the calendar! So, why do I complain? I don't know, but I've realized that Paul's words were not written to children. They were written to adults. "Do ALL things without arguing and complaining!" We use it a lot for the kids, but I need it more than they do! Maybe if I change my attitude, they will too!

So, I am working on it! When I get to the end of my life, all I want to look back and know is that I was a great mother, wife, and Christian. If I never get to travel the world or own a brand new vehicle, that will be okay with me. I'm not going to dream about bigger material things because I already have everything I WANT!

As I look to my future, I want my children to love the Lord with all of their hearts and to love His people the way He does. I want my husband to have all the support he needs at home so that he can serve God in the way he has been called. That's it! That's all God has given me at this point, but it's all I can handle! This is what He has called me to BE, and I am grateful!

I just wish it was as easy as it sounds. Maintaining the attitude of Christ is a daily struggle, but I'm working on it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Jacqueline,
This is exactly why I admire you. I do know you have faults...I just can't ever seem to come up with any to name... :) But, this constant evaluation of yourself and the joy of your Savior...it's wonderful! I am so thankful for your example in my life. Even though I can't live that same dream right now, boy am I living the life!! I am also so blessed to have some amazing people around me to serve, and I am so thankful for that. I am glad that God knows what we each need better than we do! I would have never come up with this plan for my life, but boy is it GOOD! God is good all the time! All the time God is good! Maybe your next big adventure can be coming to see me by yourself. :) We could go to the lake alone! I'm so random. BTW, what's with Godfrey's long hair & beard? Love you bunches!