Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happ Birthday, Papa G.

Yesterday was Papa G.'s 75th birthday! Mary Frances woke me up at 6:00 saying, "Mommy, we have to mail a present for Papa G. It's his birthday today!" She remembered since it's the day before her birthday! I informed her we had already given him a gift to open!

Later on, we called and sang to him, and all the children sang loud. He was so excited to hear them all singing to him. Then, Mary Frances wanted to talk to him. So I threw the phone back to her (we were in the car), and she began jabbering away. All the time I'm saying talk loudly and clearly!

She talked for a while, but we loved it when she said, "Tomorrow is my birthday. You can send me a present, and be sure to put a bow on it!!!" She also invited him to her birthday party. When he told her that he couldn't come, she said, "Well, we'll just mail you a piece of my birthday cake!!" I'm not sure what it will look or taste like when it gets there, but we can certainly mail a piece!

It was fun listening to her side of the conversation, and I know it made Papa's day!

No comments: