Sunday, July 06, 2008

Grocery Savings

Groceries are getting more expensive, and as my children grow, they are eating so much more! I've been talking to several of my friends as we are all trying to figure out how to save money!

So, I am trying something I heard about several years ago. I couldn't do it then because I lived in a little town that didn't have one of the grocery stores they check! Anyhow...

I have signed up to play The Grocery Game. You can sign up for a 1 month trial for $1. After that, it is $5 a month. The idea is that store sales are on about a 3 month cycle. So, each week, you save all of the coupon books you get in the Sunday paper and label then with the date. Then, you check the grocery game website each week for the new list. You subscribe to only the list(s) for the grocery store(s) that you use. They will tell you what items are on sale and when to "play" your coupon.

So, the point is that you don't use your coupon until the item is on sale. That way you maximize your savings, and, often, you get things FREE!!!! For example, if Coffeemate normally costs $3.00, it is on sale for $2, and you have a 50 cent coupon that Kroger doubles, then you get Coffeemate for $1!! OR, if macaroni and cheese is $1, but it's on sale for 75 cents and you have a 25 cent coupon that Kroger triples, you get Mac and Cheese FREE!!!

They promise great savings. I met someone in the store today that has been doing it for 6 months and said it is GREAT. She said you just need to have room to store things because the whole idea is that you stock up on the things that are at rock bottom prices so you have them when you need them rather than having to pay full price when you need them.

Anyway, that's enough explanation. Go check it out. I really think it is worth our time to try this out. And while we're talking about saving money...if you do sign up, put me down for referring me because I save money on the referral! Let me know if you try it! I'll keep you updated! It will take a few weeks for me to save up the coupons and then be able to use them!

You can also check out www.couponmom.com for more savings.

No comments: