Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Where Do Babies Come From?

Mary Frances is very interested in how the babies actually come out.  She doesn't really care how they got there!  A friend in our Life Group just had her baby on Monday.  So, we've talked about this more lately.  She has also been having some discussion with another friend in our Life Group who is a pediatrician.  She is very disturbed by the whole c-section idea!  

So, the other day she was riding her bike down the street while I was in our front yard and she stopped to talk to one of the neighbors who happens to be a friend of mine.  The neighbor said, "Is your name Mary Alice?"  She said, "No, I'm Mary Frances, and I came from my mommy's vagina!"  

(I'm really sorry to be so blunt, but I just couldn't keep this off the blog.  This is why I keep the blog, and this is why you read it, isn't it?)

Needless to say,  the neighbor, who luckily is a woman, was stunned and didn't even know what to say!  She came down and asked if we had recently had a discussion about babies.  Actually, I haven't really been talking to her about it recently.  

Anyway, later I told Mary Frances that is really wasn't appropriate to be talking about mommy's private parts to other people and that she should only discuss this with our female family members and the doctor!  She was fine with that.  I also explained to her that it was fine for her to know about it and it wasn't bad but that it just wasn't something we should discuss with other people!

Let's do remember that this is the child that once used Vagisil as a toothpaste! (See "New Toothpaste" April 22, 2007)

No comments: