Thursday, July 03, 2008

Princess Camp and Warrior Prince Academy

Thomas and Mary Frances attended Princess Camp and Warrior Prince Academy this week put on by Royal Purpose Ministries here in Houston!  The kids had a blast!  
Girls have never seen so much pink and frill in one place!  It was a little girls heaven!  The best part is that it was not about getting everything you want but about being a "True Princess" of the King of Kings!  I love the message the girls learned while appealing to their most girly dreams of being a real princess!
"I am a true princess, a daughter of the king.  I have a royal purpose cause Jesus is my everything.  I long for my Prince who sees the beauty within, and this I know - He loves me so.  My heart will wait for Him!"  
It will make you cry watching these little girls talk about God in such an intimate way!
We kept the boys as far from pink as possible.  They made swords and shields, and learned all about being a warrior for Christ.  They were drilled on the helmet of salvation, the sword of the spirit, and the shield of faith!  They learned a battle cry, and warrior chant, and a knight's code of honor - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind!"
Thomas had a lot of fun!  It was a great week!

No comments: