Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How Can we Get to Heaven

Chase and I were talking about Grandmary the other day, and he wanted to know where she lived. I explained that she lives in heaven with God. He said, "Oh, in the rainbow!" I said, "No, she lives in heaven, but rainbows are in heaven."

So, then he wanted to know how we could get there. I told him we couldn't go until we died, but that just wasn't good enough for him. He suggested a rocket or a plane, but his best suggestion was, "Hey, I know. We can just blue ska-doo!"

Now, I realize that isn't really funny if you don't watch Blues Clues, but it was a great suggestion! (Blue and Joe can jump into a picture or story book by saying "Blue Ska-Doo".)

Our conversation reminded me of one I had with Thomas and Mary Frances not long after Grandmary died. (For those who don't know, Grandmary is Ray C.'s mom.)

Thomas wanted to invite Grandmary to his birthday party. Despite my explanations, he was determined to get an invitation to her. He suggested we get a ladder and climb as high as we could so we could hand it to her, and if that didn't work, we could just jump really high!!

I just love to hear the way their minds think.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sometimes it would be nice to get to our friends and family that easily, huh?