Saturday, September 13, 2008

Take a Hike, Ike

We made it!! We just got electricity about 20 minutes ago. (The last blog was scheduled last night.) We had it very easy. The kids and I slept in the closet in case it got worse.

On our side we barely had any lightning and I don't think any thunder - just a lot of wind. I don't think we got more than tropical storm force winds here. Our street fared well. No trees or fences down. Other people in the neighborhood lost fences, trees, and someone even lost their chimney!!

Our church did experience some leaks in the chapel and balcony. I'm not sure how severe at this point, but I know they were mopping up this morning!

Of course, in town, there was much damage, and I haven't even seen Galveston yet.

We are so grateful to have made it through without any problems. We will clean up today and get ready to help those who experienced damages in the area.

Ray C. has already been out this afternoon looking around and scoping out the area.

We have canceled church services at the movie theatre tomorrow. The Jones Rd. campus will have only 3 services. The first service will send out any volunteers wanting to help. I'm so glad to be involved in a ministry that is focused on the community!

No comments: