Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mama and Daddy


I had so much fun visiting with my parents this past weekend! We loved having them in town! They met almost all of our Life Group which was very special for us! It gave them a chance to see how well we are doing out here, so far away!
Daddy's girl! Everyone should have a dad like mine! He always took time out with me. I was his hunting buddy starting at 12 years old! We entered archery tournaments together every Sunday during archery season. At different points in time, we grew and took care of a vegetable garden in the back yard or met once a week to share 5 new words to learn from the dictionary. He made breakfast for us every morning (and I mean pancakes, biscuits and gravy breakfasts, not cereal). I could go on and on... Like I said, everyone should have a dad like mine!
And I have an awesome mother!!! She is the best caretaker ever! The best time to be sick is when she is around! She knows what you want before I do!! My sister and dad can vouch for me on this. She only worked while we were in school (between taking us and picking us up). She was always home with us, which I loved. If we didn't feel good, we stayed home from school even if we could have gone by the school rules! She set us up on the sofa in the living room and made sure we had plenty of soup and 7up! Again, I could go on and on!

I could search the world over and NEVER find 2 better parents for me!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You did a great job, but really there aren't enough words to describe how amazing our parents are, are there?!?! I promise you no one has better parents than us!!! You and Ray C. sure seem to be following in their footsteps, though! I love you so much!

Glad to see that you all--and the computer--survived the hurri-can! Glad Chase didn't see a big red monster!!

P.S. Garage Sale=Big Success! Amy and I together: $490!!!