Friday, September 05, 2008

Weight Watchers Donates

I started Weight Watchers in the Spring to finish losing my baby weight (and some other weight I had accumulated before). Anyhow... I got to within 3 pounds of my goal and was comfortable with the way I felt. So, I didn't go back. I've gained a few pounds back. So, I started back yesterday to lose the last 6 pounds! I'm very anxious to be done with the whole thing.

I was so excited to hear the Weight Watchers is launching a new campaign this week that will last 6 weeks! Did you know there are 1.1 billion underfed people in the world? I wasn't surprised by that number, but I was surprised to learn there are ALSO 1.1 billion overweight people! Kinda makes you think, huh?

So for the next 6 weeks, Weight Watchers will donate 1 pound of food for every pound that is lost and logged in at Weight Watchers meetings across the country up to 1 million dollars! I am so excited about this. I'm excited that Weight Watchers has teamed up to do it, and I'm excited that something I am doing to improve my health is also helping other people.

So, if you've been meaning to lose some weight, now is the time to join Weight Watchers!

No comments: