Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Reduce Stress Challenge

Okay, this one is a hard one. This week, I'm going to try going to bed so I can get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Now, for moms, this is hard because we don't know what is going to happen once we go to bed. The kids could decide to wake up really late, but they are more likely to wake up earlier than normal. You could sleep all night long OR you could be woken up at 3 a.m. by a child with a wet bed or someone throwing up. And, if your house is like mine, when one wakes up making noise, the whole house wakes up (except my wonderful husband who sleeps through anything, and that is okay, because he helps plenty when he is awake). So, then we are watching Cinderella at 3:30 in the morning. And by 6:30 a.m., I've already done more work than most people will accomplish the entire day --- 3 loads of nasty laundry, changed sheets, cleaned the floors, etc. So, let's just try. If I get in the bed at 10:30. I have a really good chance of getting 7 hours of sleep, but hopefully 8. So, I will go to bed between 10:30 and 11:15 every night this week. A good night's sleep does make for a better day!
Good Luck!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Do have to do that Friday night? :)

Jacqueline said...

No, I can make an exception when my favorite sister is in town!!