Friday, May 25, 2007

Shower or Sleep?

This is an entry I wrote in my journal in September. I wasn't blogging yet, but I was already keeping up with my random thoughts and feelings. I thought this might "ring a bell" with some other moms! If you aren't a mom of young children, this won't interest you!

Should I take my shower in the morning or at night? I wish I could smell good and look great without one. It sure would solve a BIG dilemma! I'm exhausted at night. I don't want to take a shower then. I want to unwind in front of the television or with a good book, then go to bed, preferably by 10:00 to prepare for however many times I am awakened before 5:45 when the baby wakes up for good! It is nice to be clean for bed, but I'm usually too tired for a shower.

So, the morning is the only other option (because I sleep during nap time). I'm up early after all. The only problem here is that all three kids get up one right after another. They aren't usually in a good mood that early. So, they'll not be happy with me leaving them to shower. They'll stand at the door and cry the whole time or get into a huge mess. After all, they are only 1, 2, and newly four.

My husband is a GREAT help, but he likes his sleep and has a hard time getting up in the mornings. (He will NEVER admit it, but it is the truth!) So, I beg him to get up early enough for me to shower before he leaves. He'll watch the kids, and I'm lucky to get 30 minutes so I can get completely ready! Otherwise, I'll find time later today! (Yeah, right! I'll look just like this when my husband comes home tonight! You can count on it!)

So, the question is, if he sleeps in and there is no time for me to shower, am I justified in being upset with him? OR, is it my fault for not having planned better? After all, I could have gotten up at 5:00, before the kids woke up. Maybe I should just do it at night! I really can't figure it out. Every week is different.

One day the kids will be old enough to watch themselves and I can take a Bubble Bath!! Until then, its quick showers whenever I can catch one. I'm just thankful to smell good today!

I would like to say that the kids now sleep until 6:30 or 7:00 most days. My husband still makes time for me to take a shower most days, but if there isn't time, I can catch one during Curious George! I also take showers at night! Guess what: my husband watches them before they go to bed! That way I'm not too tired, I smell good, and I am prepared for the next day! Bless you, single moms! I do not know how you do things! You are awesome!

2 comments:

Ray Hughes said...

Hey...I like the picture.

I miss you already!

Yes...I love my sleep, I admit it. But, I still say I get up earlier more than you say!

Jacqueline said...

I don't think so! I'm keeping track!