Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm not SuperMom...

No matter how hard I try, I just can't be supermom! Being a mom is so hard! It is definitely the most difficult and exhausting thing I've ever done. I do laundry all week long, and I still can't stay on top of it. The day I finally mop the floor, someone spills milk at dinner and gets it all sticky again. As soon as I vacuum, someone drops a cracker and steps on it or spills cheerios all over the carpet. As soon as we get the toys picked up, someone empties the toy box looking for the toy at the very bottom. The dishes never end. The noise is louder than anything I've ever heard. The house looks like a wreck all day long and IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

It would help if I could get up before the kids each day. I love to be the first one up - to pray and read my Bible while sipping coffee. But in order to do that, I'd have to get up at 4:30 a.m.!! Yeah! Chase usually wakes up between 5 and 5:30. I try reading my Bible as soon as we get up, but it just isn't the same. I'll read a few verses and then someone wants me to read a book, get something out of the closet, more juice... I don't know what to do. I can't put them to bed later because my functions shut down around 7:00. I need them in bed at 8:00 to have some time for myself. I read my Bible other times during the day. I get my time with God, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can start my days with Him again! There's nothing like it!

I love being a mom. It is worth every moment, but that doesn't make it easier. I used to tell my friends that anyone who does something 24/7 gets burned out no matter how much they love their job. It is so important to have time away. Unfortunately, I just don't have much of that right now. I am really looking forward to getting to Texas and having more opportunities. God has been good to me. He has allowed us to be in this relaxed environment - the island - during this difficult time with our children. Ray C. has been an incredible help to me. My hat's off to single mothers. I don't know how they do this! I am so thankful for Ray C., and I understand why God gave us two parents!

I'm sorry for the complaining, but I just needed to get it out this morning! God is good all the time. He will see me through this, and I will have an amazing story. I hope to be able to help others because of my trials!


Psalm 121 : "My eyes look up to the hills; where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord; the maker of heaven and earth...." Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

HELLO?!?!?!?! YOU ARE SUPERMOM!!!!!!!! REALLY, Jacqueline you ARE Supermom! You amaze me. You are incredible! I cannot believe what you do everyday. Everytime you visit I'm overwhelmed with all that you do. It is a lot for 5 of us to do together and you do it by yourself most of the day. I love you and I still want to be just like you! (Well, without the children for right now!) :)

Cindy said...

Jacqueline,

Your sister was kind enough to share your blogspot with me this morning, and I have to chime in with her in telling you that you are a great mom! You inspire me with your stories and I am looking forward to reading about what is going on with you and the kids as you post. You are so focused and spiritually prepared each day, you are going to be successful in whatever you undertake each day. Just meeting you and the kids here at the office, I knew right away tht those kids had a great mom. I love my Mary Frances hugs. Hope to see you all again soon! Cindy