Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Gank You"

I have been working with Chase on saying the "y" in yellow and "th". He really wants to get it right. So, he works on it when I bring it to his attention, but when when we're not working on it, he still mispronounces the "th". Sometimes he says it like a "g" - as in "gank you" instead of "thank you", and other times he says it like an "s" - as in "sink" instead of "think".

He can finally say "yellow" instead of "lellow" and is so proud of himself. The first few days when he started saying it correctly, he would say "yyyyyyyyyy" really slow to be sure he got the letter right before he finished with "ellow".

I am going to miss the baby words, but it is time to move on and grow up, I suppose! So, tonight, I was thankful to hear the sweet baby words one more time as Chase was praying...

"God, gank you for our food, and all the houses. And gank you for the trees and the dogs. And gank you for mommy and daddy and Marilyn. Amen"

I will miss "gank you" very much!

No comments: