Saturday, September 12, 2009

Volunteering

I have been volunteering up at the Elementary school the last few weeks and really enjoying it. I told each of the kids' teachers that I would volunteer one hour a week in their classroom doing whatever they needed. I've already logged 9 hours in just 2 weeks helping with some other projects - since I had the time!

It has been so nice to be at the school and "catch" the kids doing different things. I wanted them to know I am around. I wanted them to see me up there and know that they are important to me, and I wanted their teachers to know that I don't expect them to do it all. I view this as a team effort, and I have really enjoyed it!

So far, I've helped Thomas' teacher determine the level of ALL of her books (along with another mother), learned how to use the die-cut machine - I must say I was not impressed after all the years of wondering, and cut out a few random things for one teacher. It may not sound like much, but I know the teacher's really appreciate the help!!

No comments: