Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jesus Loves the Little Children...

I always loved that song but thought it was funny that all the colors were included since I have never seen a red or yellow person!

Anyhow, my kids have been cracking me up this week talking about all the different kids in their classes! Sometimes, Mary Frances will tell me something about one of the kids and say, "She's brown," or "She's a little brown," or "She's really brown!"

I just think it's so funny that we've never really talked about "black" people, so they are merely describing them. They really have no clue about all the prejudices that exist, and I LOVE it!

So, last night, as they were talking about this, I asked, "Well, why do you think they are brown?"

Thomas was the first to speak up:

"I don't know...maybe they just drink a lot of coffee!" Then he quickly said, "Or, maybe God just made them that way...Or maybe their mom and dad are brown too!"

Again, I love the way that kid thinks!!!

2 comments:

Jenny and Tim Thompson said...

So cute! I love the way Thomas thinks!

Tracy Fritzsching said...

that's awesome!