Friday, June 01, 2007

Another Feather in my Hat

Thomas came in my room trying to cough up something today. When I asked what he ate, he said he thought it was a small butterfly. OKAY!! I said, "Well, how did you eat a butterfly?" "Well," he said, "I saw it so I put my straw on it and tried to blow, but instead it went up my straw and in my mouth!"

I could not stop laughing. That was so hilarious. The thing "bugged" him for over an hour. He said it tasted horrible! So, don't try butterfly. Apparently it does not taste like chicken!! He tried everything he could think of to get it down. He drank, ate, stood on top of his head -- yep, he said that if he was upside down, maybe it would come down his throat and he could get it out. He did that for a little while but then concluded that didn't work either! So, he stuck his hand down his throat saying, "maybe this will work." Well, I felt so bad that it was bothering him so much, I agreed that would probably help. SO....I got a feather in my hat and an addition to my description as a mom for sticking my hand down his throat and helping him "cough" up the butterfly. BUT, there was no butterfly! Oh well! He eventually stopped complaining! It must have gone down fine!

Apparently there is no end to what a mom must do to help her children. I am:

the maid
the chef
the butler
the chauffeur
the launderer
the events coordinator
the enforcer
the bathe-er
the mender
the referee
the nanny
the food police
and more...

But, I am also pleased to be...
the audience for puppet shows and music theatres
the dance partner
the rocker
the teller of good-night stories
the boo-boo kisser
the hand-holder
the protector
the "best mommy in the world"
the recipient of many compliments from my adoring "fans"
the one who gets to share her half of the King Bed with 3 children at 6:00 in the morning
the woman God chose to raise 3 of His blessings in this world!

I pray that:

* I never forget how He has blessed me and how my attitude should reflect that.
* they will love Him and the people He has created
* God will use each of my children and their individual gifts and talents with which He has blessed them to change the world!

1 comment:

alliejane said...

I dont know how you do it. Half the people I have talked to in St. George said they couldnt do that. You really are supermom!!!!!


ALEX